I drugged myself up and went to church meetings and then church itself. When my bishop realized I was sick, he kicked me out of church (which was only the second time I have been kicked out of church...Primary being the first). After realizing how easy it was to get out of church, I might fake sick when I don't feel like going.
After a week, I felt better but still had a cough that lasted for several weeks. Finally after four weeks of coughing and telling myself that I would get better the next day, I listened to my mother and went to the Community Care (my mom was about to come to Rexburg and drag me there if I didn't go on my own). My doctor told me that I had a mild form of pneumonia called walking pneumonia. He put me on an anti-biotic and a cough suppressant.
I started to feel better the next few days, but woke up one day feeling miserable again. I finally went to the Community Care again and tested positive for Influenza A (which is what the swine flu is under). I slept the next few days in my bedroom with the heat blasting because I had the chills. My room was 100 degrees. One of my roommates who is a biology major compared my room to an incubator and my pillow as the petri dish.

My roommates posted signs saying that I had the flu and to stay away. I felt like the diseased kid. One roommate sprayed Lysol in my face, and another roommate sprayed Lysol in the shower 30 seconds after I had gotten out (even though I wasn't contagious anymore).

A few weeks after I had the swine flu, I finally felt much better. After being sick for two and a half months, I have decided to do all I can to not get sick.
Hopefully you're immune now and will never get it again. Take care during these cold winter months!
ReplyDeleteYou and Gibson are competing to see who will be sick the longest. He got sick the beginning of Nov and has been sick off and on until now. Nice reference to the primary kick out. Why didn't you mention it was because you didn't sing (and that it was on mothers'd day)???
ReplyDeleteThat's true. I like to ruin holidays when possible. I wished not singing in church now would still get me kicked out. Maybe if my bishop found out that I just mouth the hymns instead of actually singing I would get kicked out.
ReplyDeleteWow, no fun, especially when you have to drag yourself to classes, keep up with assignments, etc. Hopefully, it is all over with for a long time!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are better! Part of the reason you get sick is because you do too much when you are well!! The body gets run down, and BAM! you are down for the count--any teacher can tell you that!! So, stay well--and quit looking for excuses to miss church!! : )
ReplyDeleteAnd Chris should mention that he broke out with Chicken Pox on Mother's Day many years ago. Just another reason to not really like the day.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am glad that you are finally well. Mothers do know best. Keep healthy!!
I'm glad it's over... What a miserable fall for you! That's the downside of communal living.... College campuses really are just a cesspool of germs... -- Heather (too lazy to sign out as tony and sign in as me)...
ReplyDelete