Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Herald Sun

While I was serving in Durham, N.C. we had a photographer from the Herald Sun follow us around for several months observing different aspects of our work (morning study, knocking doors, eating with members, weekly planning, etc.).

His name is Mark Dolejs. He recorded an interview and made a little movie that was posted on the website for the Herald Sun. Mark told me to speak slowly because if I spoke too fast it would be difficult for viewers to understand me. So I spoke way too slow and sound like I am mentally slow.




It was a good experience to have him follow us around. He said his favorite moment with us was when we went to Duke University and looked at a copy of the original Book of Mormon. He said he had fun watching how excited we were looking up our favorite scriptures in the nearly 200 year-old book.

4 comments:

  1. I feel cooler now that my brother has made the press. How is it to be famous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to show everyone that article in the newspaper too where you were quoted. I still have a copy. Maybe I should frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those photos in that slide show are amazing!!! Haha, just kidding. I had an awesome time getting to know you guys and capturing a slice of your lives, albeit a very brief slice. Hey, you should get an internship in Durham, get away from the snow. Oh, and by the way, you do not sound mentally slow. Just sayin.
    --mark--

    ReplyDelete