It seems like I have attended more dinner parties in the last six months since I moved to Salt Lake City, UT than I have in Rexburg, ID or La Grande, OR. Maybe it is a Utah thing, or maybe I now have friends who love dinner parties. I am not sure the reason, but I love it.
The dinner parties seemed to pick up right before Christmas and continued with frequency in this past month. Right before I came home for Christmas, my friend Kendra and I planned a little Christmas gathering at her place. Reed, her roommate and my friend, helped out too.
After my visit to Oregon for the holidays, I came back to Salt Lake City, UT. The week I got back, I had three dinner parties in a row. The first was at Christopher's condo with a couple friends that belong to the same social group as we do. It was the first time we met our friend, Rob.
The next day, my vegetarian friend from Portland, OR came to Salt Lake City, UT to visit family for the holidays. We had a potluck dinner with vegetarian options, played games, and socialized.
On New Year's Eve a small group of us got together for another potluck, games, and celebrating the New Year!
This past weekend, I went to a Housewarming party for my friend, Kellen, who just bought and remodeled his home. That was a blast! The next day I went to dinner with Christopher at Red Robin and later that evening we went to a birthday party for our friend, Steven. It was dinner at the Cheesecake Factory where I met Annie, and her son Isaac (although in the picture below is Ian, not Isaac).
I am pretty sure 'Phi was about to throw that sushi at me :)
Lastly, I celebrated the Lunar New Year at Reed's house on Sunday and Heather's house on Monday. I made Bul-go-gi, a Korean dish for Reed's dinner party. I got the recipe from Heather and it was delicious.
The best part of these dinner parties besides good food and a good time, was all the friends I made in the process. I met many funny, and absolutely wonderful people. Maybe one day I will own my own little home and can host regular dinner parties :)






<3
ReplyDeleteDinner parties sound like a lot of fun, and the food looks delicious! You are quite the cook!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love Bul-go-gi. A Korean guy in our ward and his wife were kind enough to cook it for us (the laurels) one night and then he went to the Korean market and bought me all the stuff so I could make it for my family. It was delicious. I love dinner parties!
ReplyDelete