First it started with a gateway drug: Facebook. Then my family convinced me to start a blog. After a couple years of blogging, that wasn't enough. I needed more. So a friend from BYU-Idaho got me hooked on twitter. I left BYU-Idaho and transferred to the University of Utah where I met my friend, and co-worker, Kelsy. She gave me a taste of Pinterest. Now I can't stop. Social media has taken over my life!!
I actually do love Pinterest. I wake up at 5 AM, shower, eat, and get on the Trax which takes me to campus. I open the library around 6:45 AM, well before most students are even awake. I work the morning shift at the library and it is usually pretty slow. So I have a lot of free time at the desk just waiting for students to arrive and ask for help. That idle time has only fueled my addiction to social media.
Recently I saw a picture like this on Pinterest and loved it. I decided I wanted to make this for the next time I was invited to a get together. My friend, Brig, invited Christopher and me to his apartment for a St. Patrick's themed party. We were all supposed to bring green treats. So here it is!
Christopher helped me make it. Honestly, the only thing that is semi-time consuming is carefully peeling the kiwi. This treat only took about 10 minutes to make.
Although I admit I have a social media addiction, I am glad it gives me some simple and creative ideas for parties. I am excited today is the first day of spring, which means summer is only a few months away! I can't wait for summer dinner parties, like picnics and BBQ's.
So, I will continue to use my drug, Pinterest, to fuel my addiction and give me some good ideas.
P.S. I am not the only one with a social media addiction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jT0JT3N47g

Well, we love you in spite of your addictions. I'm staying away from Pinterest and Twitter; FB keeps me more involved than I need to be. I can't tell what the "dirt" is in your offering.
ReplyDeleteP.S. "J.E. Campbell" is also known as Aunt Betty. Love you!
ReplyDeletePinterest is the best addiction ever. For reals.
ReplyDeleteI am gathering up info to do a post on my blog on Pinterest. I love it too. Can't get enough of those great ideas!
ReplyDelete