Even though Audra is not a BYU-Idaho student anymore, she recently reaped the benefit of this "family friendly" campus events.
In connection with the City of Rexburg, BYU-Idaho put on the Teton Dam Marathon. Audra got to participate in the event:
This video is dedicated to Audra (despite her threats if I made it public):
Maybe next year we can all run in the marathon.
Okay, so the video wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The picture is fun with my sisters cheering for me. I think we should run in some form next year....I'm thinking the 10k for me. I want to clarify that I only went 4 miles, half of which I walked, the other half I "ran" like you see in the video (not very quickly). Thankfully "uncle jonah" joined me for my last mile. It made that last stretch much more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteOh, and he forgot to mention that one of his favorite things about volunteering to help was getting to wear a t-shirt that said, "I'm a Dam volunteer" in big letter on the back. No wonder there were so many volunteers.....can't beat that not swearing fun!
Audra looks great -- well into the second trimester (or was she already in the third?) she barely looks pregnant :). Congrats on the race (to both runner and volunteer)!
ReplyDeleteI was just shy of 7 months pregnant...not sure I would do it again. I was VERY sore later that day and the next....
ReplyDeleteI would love to try and be a part of a marathon team. I know that I could do a portion. Who else is up for it?
ReplyDelete