The Wal*Mart worker scanned the NyQuil, paused, looked up and said, "Are you 18 or older?" With a frustrated tone I said, "I am six years over 18!" He then looked back down, paused for another moment then said, "Can I see some ID?"
I couldn't believe it. I know I might not look 24-years old, but I should at least look like I am out of high school! I passed over my ID and waited for him to do the math in his head. He seemed to have some trouble adding up the years but finally he gave the okay and took my cash. I came to Wal*Mart already not in a good mood since I was sick and left in an even worse mood.
But I drank my sorrows away with NyQuil and quickly fell asleep. I do love NyQuil. It is the only thing that can put me to sleep when I am sick.
You and Krissy would get a long great. She's "addicted" to Nyquill too and Ky and I tease her about it all the time!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kim. I just happen to be sick a lot! I do agree with you Jordan, it is the only thing that helps you sleep when you are sick!
ReplyDeleteI'll match your gray hair and raise you one looking-young Wal*Mart story... An eighth grader tried to hit on me in Wal*Mart. I was 20. He refused to believe me. Tis a curse we have. :)
ReplyDeleteJust play along and see where it goes the next time someone suspects you of being younger than you are! Hope you are feeling better! (I didn't know you had to be 18 or older to buy Nyquil!)
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss out on the young looking thing. I am definitely gray and balding. Oh well. Good luck with the cold.
ReplyDelete