This past March I celebrated a Hindu tradition in Utah, of all places. I was surprised to learn that there are Hindus in Utah and they even have a temple. So a group of friends and I went to the Festival of Colors. I won't go into the history or meaning of the festival (you can go to Wikipedia for that info), but basically it is a tradition to celebrate the arrival of spring. I went on the last day and there were a couple hundred people there.
Here are some random pictures taken at the event:
For the next couple of days my snot was very colorful. It was so much fun I felt like a kid again!
Here is one last photo I saw floating around on Facebook and Pinterest. This is so true:






Looks fun -- they had a festival like that not far from our house last weekend. It was crazy traffic -- and people walking to the festival in all white or all black along with people leaving the festival looking like you did :). Who knew?
ReplyDeleteVery interesting! I'm going to check it out. I'll bet at first it might have been a little hard to get into! One thing's for sure--it is very colorful and "springy".
ReplyDelete