But last Sunday night, my roommate looked out the window and informed the rest of us that it was snowing. I expressed my disgust to which he replied, "Don't worry Jordan. The snow will melt by July." His comment was not well received, mostly because I realized his comment is pretty much the truth. Rexburg's Winter lasts much longer then it does in La Grande, and it is much more cold.
Last Winter semester, my roommate wanted to open the window every night because he claimed to have a thyroid problem which would increase his body temperature. So every night I would bundle up in my pajama pants, thick socks, a sweat shirt, gloves, and three heavy blankets. I would still freeze every night. Of course I never said anything and just dealt with it.
So when I see a sight such as this one below, like I did last Sunday, I usually mutter a few colorful words and put on a coat.
Okay, Sunday wasn't quite this bad, but it will be soon!
My door is always open and you're welcome anytime. Fall and winter in Vegas is WONDERFUL!!
ReplyDeleteSorry that winter hit so soon... Why is it that Mormons were hell bent on settling most god forsaken places of the West? :) By the way, I think Afton knows your name, but she can only say "Nah", not Jo. Here's to Uncle Nah!
ReplyDeleteI always ask myself the same question about LA
ReplyDeletegRANDE, Jordan! i(i forgot, is that your real name?) I hate the cold winters and they arrive so quickly after summer. Go visit Kim--it's refreshing!
I too hate snow. We drove through a blizzard to get to Utah this week. We had the same experience last year the same week. Really? Does there have to be a blizzard in Wyoming or Utah every October?
ReplyDelete...and November, December, January, February, and especially MARCH!! Everyday we traveled last March there were many horrific snowstorms with a bazillion major highways and byways closed. It was annoying and made the trip last many more hours than it should. I am staying put this December-March and hope for a mild winter. I freak out now with the first flakes of snow. I remember when I used to love the snow and be soooo excited for the first storm. NOT anymore. I should live in Hawaii!
ReplyDelete