
I wouldn't recommend it, unless you live in Colorado City, Utah. It is very awkward (and this comes from the King of awkward dating).
Just so you don't think I am one of the followers of Warren Jeffs, I didn't intentionally go on a polygamous date. Last Saturday was Guitars Unplugged, a concert performed every semester by students to showcase their talent. I really wanted to go because it is one of the best events on campus. So I decided to ask my friend, Rachel I knew from my freshman year who just got back from her mission. She said yes.
The night before Rachel gives me a call to tell me one of her mission friends came into town. Rachel wanted to know if we could go as a double if she found her friend a date. I said that was fine. But when I went to pick up Rachel, she pulled me aside and said the person she asked to go with her friend just canceled and she wasn't able to find a replacement. Rachel then asked me what we should do. After an awkward pause, I said let her come with us.
So I went to the concert with two girls, and paid for both of their tickets. I could tell Rachel felt uncomfortable with the situation. It would be difficult to try to entertain a date and entertain a friend all at the same time.
Afterward my roommates made plans to meet up with our dates and have a group date. I showed up last with my two dates. Everyone looked so confused. When the date was over, one of my roommates said, "So how was polygadate?"
Later when I relayed this story to my mom, she said,"I would count that as two dates so the next time your priesthood leaders ask about you dating, you can tell them you go on lots."
Maybe that is a more efficient way of dating. What do you think?
Well, I have a story about polygamous dating as well. Your dad counts it as our first date, but not I..He invited me to go to the movie Jaws with him and his cousin. My brother Dave was one of the guys invited and Loren H. was there too. But when he actually arrived at our home to pick up me and my brother, he not only had Loren but two other cousins. So counting my brother, Reed and three of Reed's cousins, that made five guys and me. First date, my foot! At least you didn't do that. But the question is...did you have a good time?
ReplyDeleteMaybe the Trib will post your story on their "Polygamy" tab... (Seriously, I know it sells papers, but still! must a Utah paper be the resource for all polygamy activity anywhere in the US and Canada?) That was nice of you to take both of them. :).
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't your blog post show up on my updated feed. Heather's blog does that sometimes too. Congrats on the polygadate! Hope you are felling better!
I was wondering the same thing. I noticed that it didn't show up on her news feed. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
ReplyDeleteHEY, JORDAN. YOU WERE A NICE GUY TO PAY FOR BOTH OF THEM! YOU LIVE AN INTERESTING LIFE! mAYBE YOU CAN GO ON A SINGLE DATE WITH RACHAEL NOW, OR MAYBE THE OTHER GIRLS AS A SINGLE, TOO? THAT'S 2 OPPORTUNITIES!
ReplyDeletekRISSY, rOB AND i HAVE ALSO UPDATED OUR BLOGS SEVERAL TIMES, AND THEY DON'T SHOW UP AS UPDATED ON KIM'S BLOG, EITHER. tHAT'S ONE REASON I DECIDED TO CHECK YOURS TO SEE IF YOU HAD UPDATED, AND YOU HAD! dON'T WORRY, YOU'LL GET THE DATING THING RIGHT ONE OF THESE DAYS :)